Bronx, NY – If you are on the fence about orthodontic treatment, there is no time like the present to learn the power braces can have on your life. What are the top reasons people seek out orthodontic treatment?
- Straighter smiles are healthier smiles. Crooked and crowded teeth are harder to keep clean – your toothbrush and floss can’t reach areas that may have overlapping teeth. Braces can correct this, helping you fend off decay and gum disease.
- A healthier smile leads to a healthier body. Oral health issues, such as gum disease, have been linked to more serious health issues, such as heart disease.
- More adults are turning to orthodontic treatment. If you’ve been putting treatment off because you think you are too old, think again! Today, nearly one in five patients is over the age of 21.
- There are more discrete options than ever before. Not only are standard metal braces sleeker than ever, there are also a host of other less noticeable options. Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible, clear and ceramic braces can blend right in with your smile, and lingual braces fit along the tongue side of your teeth so they are invisible to others.
- Braces can improve your self-confidence. If you’ve been hiding your smile because you don’t like the way it looks, braces can help you greet the world confidently. Once your smile is straight and healthy, you’ll want to show it off all the time.
- Your smile is often your first impression – make it a good one. A smile can help people feel comfortable and welcomed, spreading joy and happiness. But if you don’t smile because you don’t like your crooked grin, you may be sending the wrong first impression to people.
- Orthodontic treatment doesn’t have to be out of your budget. With dental insurance and payment plans, treatment can fit into any budget so orthodontic treatment never has to be out of reach.
- Seeking out orthodontic treatment now may save you money in the long run. Malocclusions may cause dental issues such as cavities, gum disease, chipping, cracking or breaking of teeth that can be costly over the course of your life. Orthodontic treatment can correct malocclusions and jaw misalignments, making your smile healthier and able to last a lifetime.
- If you suffer from TMJ pain, which can include headaches, neck pain, jaw pain and more, orthodontic treatment may help you find relief. A better bite can help improve your temporomandibular joint function.
- Help set your children up for success by seeing an orthodontist at the age of seven. Most kids do not start at this age, but there are some who can benefit from orthodontic interventions to improve skeletal development, to potentially avoid permanent teeth extractions, and to help shorten the course of comprehensive braces at a later age,. This can help your child start on the path to a healthier, straighter smile, and can help them greet the grueling teen years with confidence.
Orthodontic treatment has many benefits that make it well worth the cost and time investments. Not only can a straighter smile improve your self-esteem, it may just improve your overall health, too. Call us today to learn more about how orthodontic treatment can transform your life – 718-884-7700.